Helpful Browser Apps for Avid Podcast Listeners

| Category: Plugins and Add-Ons, Software, Tools | 14 Comments

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-8496100294517982"
data-ad-slot="6039447639"
data-ad-format="auto">

il/jejekpifonopnckjahojjmpkbhfdkegd” target=”_blank”>iTunes Audio Preview/Podcast Downloader – This allows you to download podcasts and audio previews from the iTunes website manually WITHOUT the need for QuickTime and iTunes!
2. ChromeCast – This nifty browser extension lets you play your favorite podcasts within your browser. It definitely sounds like a cool plugin to have but judging from the most recent user feedback, it seems to have a bit of a minor issue with feedburner. Try it out and see if it’ll work with your favorite feeds.
3. Podcast Alarm Clock – Wake up to the sound of your favorite podcast!
4. SpokenText – Convert text on any web page to speech. Select the text, run the extension, press ‘Record’, and you're done! It supports English, French, and Spanish.

And now for Mozilla FireFox:
1. Huffduffer - Bookmark your favorite audio files and create your own podcast of found sounds.
2. FoxVox - FoxVox will speak any text you highlight in a web page; it’like SpokenText for Chrome. You can create audiobooks with this awesome add-on and even turn your blogs and articles into podcasts!
3. Youtube MP3 Podcaster – With this self-contained add-on you can download YouTube videos and convert them to mp3 files for easy listening on podcasting gadgets!

Of course there are other add-ons but we’ve picked out the most popular ones for you. You can also head on to your browser’s site and check out their corresponding extensions page for more.

I tried searching for podcast-related add-ons for the other browsers (IE, Opera, and Safari) but so far they only came up with one result. Perhaps we’ll find more soon, but for the meantime, enjoy these apps!

14 Responses to “Helpful Browser Apps for Avid Podcast Listeners”

1. I really enjoy reading through on this site, it holds excellent blog posts.

2. world clock says:

iPodder Helpful Browser Apps for Avid Podcast Listeners – just great!

3. Daniel T says:

Really love these posts.
    Second time I naviagate to ipodder through Google and you guys help me.

4. lost says:

I need help:

chrome says this is added to chrome but I can not listen to itunes previews

I found a great collection of lectures I want to listen through http://www.openculture.com/

work blocks the install of itunes. Any help being able to download free itunes such as

5. Amazing … My favs shared here ! Chromecast and Foxvox are the apps I mostly hear about.

6. Michael K says:

Those apps is suit for Fire Fox new version?? I try to setup but failed.

• Keith@iPodder says:

You can find out which version of FireFox each app supports or can be use on/with by looking right below the download button. (ex. FoxVox 1.7.9.1 is supported by FireFox versions 3.6 to 17). Good luck!

7. iPodder Helpful Browser Apps for Avid Podcast Listeners – fantastic! excellent blog posts.

8. Is the app already listed on the google webstore. It’s much easier to install from there. I prefer it that way.

• Keith@iPodder says:

Yes, Jill. All apps listed can be downloaded straight from Chrome’s web store. Just click on the hyperlinked name of the app and you’ll be directed right to it. :)

9. this is seriously useful stuff man…

10. Yeah , itune is my favorite app !!!

11. Certainly a quality links to useful apps, infact it makes things easy when using firefox or chrome, looking for new links.

12. iTunes audio preview look cool and easy to control podcast, but it is for apple fans only