Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Pulled Out After Reports of Erasing Save Files|
The latest patch on Mortal Kombat X for PC was pulled out recently from Steam servers after reports that it was erasing save dates. The reports says that the players have found out that the unlocked characters were no longer available and all of their hard-earned progress in the game's Krypt had been reset.
An update posted in Steam reads, "We are temporarily removing the patch until we can pinpoint the cause of save data loss. We are actively working on this and will keep everyone posted as we work towards a fix. We sincerely apologize for this disruption." It was very frustrating news for Mortal Kombat X PC players who have already experienced numerous issues regarding its performance, and game crashes apart from its horrible launch.
There's still no word on when the latest patch will be available. In the meantime, you can check out the list of updates to be expected:
- Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
- Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
- A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
- Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
- Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
- Fixed startup crash on high end systems (those with > 8 cores).
- Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
- Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
- Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
- Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
- The levers in Shao Khan's Tomb will now activate.
- Shinnok's Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
- Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
- Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
- Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
- Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
- Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
- D'Vorah's cape no longer moves when she's killed.
- Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
- Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
- Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
- After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
- Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
- Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
- Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
- The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
- Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
- Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
- Additional graphical fidelity options.
· General Matchmaking improvements.
· Performance improvements
· Improved online stability
· Multiplayer invite improvements
· Gameplay fixes and balancing
· Various Kombat Kard fixes
· WB Play fixes
· General bug fixes