Bungie’s Destiny Will Release Its Biggest Patch in Preparation for The Taken King|
Destiny will be getting the biggest patch yet in preparation for The Taken King DLC, with a lot of changes once the patch is complete. Bungie explains what will be on Patch 2.0, which will be rolled out for all players.
You have one more weekend to experience Destiny as it has existed in Year One. On September 8th, the deployment of Update 2.0 will change the way we play. Next week, we’ll deliver complete patch notes to keep you occupied. Here’s a tactical preview for how things about to change:
· Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
· Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
· You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
· Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
· Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible
· Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
· Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems - their power levels will be unchanged
· Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
· A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
· Tracks all active Quests
· Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
· Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
· Bounty slots will be increased to 16
· Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
· Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
· Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
· Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
· Collections have been added to the Tower
· Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
· Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
· Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
· You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
· Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
· Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
· Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
· Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
Weapons & Armor
· Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
· Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
Here are also some of the changes once you have downloaded the 2.0 Patch:
What’s leaving Destiny when you download the 2.0 update:
· Vanguard & Crucible Marks: Activities where you previously earned Vanguard/Crucible marks will now grant Legendary Marks. On Tuesday, your current Vanguard/Crucible marks will converted into faction commendations. [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
· The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest.
What’s going to be required to install the 2.0 update:
· If you’re playing Destiny on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you’ll need around 18GB of hard drive space free. We recommend turning on any console features that will automatically download game updates, when available.
· If you’re playing Destiny on PlayStation 3, you’ll need about 20GB of hard drive space free to download and then install the update. Once the update is fully installed, you will only need around 10GB free.
· If you’re playing Destiny on Xbox 360, you’ll need around 10GB of hard drive space free.
· You can read more about the Hard Drive Requirements for the Destiny 2.0 update here.
What’s the best way to send off Year One of Destiny:
· The Moments of Triumph have been extended to September 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM PDT (6:59 AM UTC). You can check your progress by visiting the Moments of Triumph progress page as part of your Legend.
· Remember that your Moments of Triumph are tied to your active character roster. With the new Quest system and 2.0 changes incoming, we understand the appeal to start a new character. However, deleting a character to do so may jeopardize your progress towards the Moments of Triumph. We recommend waiting until you’ve secured your Emblem before deleting any characters that contributed to your Moments of Triumph progress.
Destiny The Taken King will be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 15.